TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. We authorise Lauren Campbell to arrange the photography of our Wedding, in accordance with the details provided. We understand there is a three (3) working day cooling-off period from the date of signing / agreeing to this contract and for any orders placed.
2. We have received, read and understand Lauren Campbell’s price list, which has been confirmed for our wedding, on payment of the deposit/booking fee. We agree that payment of the initial deposit/booking fee is non-refundable and confirms the booking with Lauren Campbell as per the details of this order form.
3. We agree to pay the full balance at least two (2) weeks prior to the Wedding Day. Failure to do so gives Lauren Campbell the right to refuse to carry out the full photographic services.
4. The booking of and any additional costs incurred for booking venues, photography locations etc are our responsibility and may be deducted from the photographic coverage unless paid for separately.
5. (a) We are satisfied that the details provided are correct and will confirm the details prior to the Wedding. We agree to advise the hairdressers and make-up artists, the hire cars, the caterers and any other contractors or hired help of all the relevant times, details and locations as detailed here and to coordinate their services.
5. (b) The details & times provided form part of this agreement and we agree to make every effort to cooperate in order for Lauren Campbell to fulfill the contracted photographic duty. We acknowledge Lauren Campbell cannot accept responsibility for the extent of the photographic coverage if these details are incorrect or if we choose not to follow the agreed to schedule.
6. It is understood that Lauren Campbell is the exclusive official photographer and that others may not interfere with formal portrait sessions. Lauren Campbell is not responsible for missed shots due to interference from other amateur or professional photographers or videographers present or lack of cooperation of wedding party or other subjects.
7. We accept the responsibility to contact Lauren Campbell, at least two weeks prior to the Wedding, to confirm details are correct and there are no alterations.
8. We agree to immediately advise Lauren Campbell in writing of any alterations in the details provided including postponement or cancellation of the wedding.
9. In the event of cancellation of the wedding we agree that the deposit/booking fee will be forfeited unless in cases of genuine hardship (as determined by Lauren Campbell in her discretion), but that Lauren Campbell may credit the deposit towards other photography by Lauren Campbell within twelve (12) months of the date of this order.
10. We agree the Copyright in all photographs is owned by Lauren Campbell. We give permission to Lauren Campbell to use any image of our Wedding for industry competitions and as required subsequent usage and for reasonable general promotional advertising for Lauren Campbell. The usage for any other purpose is to be renegotiated between the parties and requires specific permission.
LICENSE TO USE
11. (a) We understand that the photographs are licensed to us by Lauren Campbell and must only be used as agreed. We understand that the photographs, digital negatives and/or prints produced by Lauren Campbell are protected by Copyright Law. Upon final payment by us (the client), a non-exclusive, irrevocable, perpetual and royalty free copyright licence of the resulting images will be transferred to us (the client) under the following conditions:
11. (b) The USB of final images is the property of us (the client) for personal use and for the purposes of the reproduction and distribution of photographs to friends and relatives.
11. (c) We (the client) must obtain written permission from, and compensate Lauren Campbell prior to an event where we (the client) or our friends or relatives publish or sell the photographs for profit.
11. (d) We (the client) understand that we may post any image onto social web sites, including but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest etc.
11. (e) Lauren Campbell asks that where possible, images placed on social media be credited by way of tagging Lauren Campbell or a simple description.
12. A copy of the negatives/digital files remain the property of Lauren Campbell and will be kept on file for a period of one year.
13. (a) Lauren Campbell has no control over the environment in which the photographs are kept and we acknowledge that we are responsible for making any back-up copies of the images on the USB, and that it is our responsibility, and not the responsibility of Lauren Campbell, should the USB become lost, damaged, corrupted or the photographs removed from it.
13. (b) Lauren Campbell has no control over the environment in which any other photographic materials such as Albums, Books, Canvases, Prints etc are kept and we acknowledge that colour photographs, in common sensitised material and dyes, may have limited life expectancy when exposed to strong and prolonged sunlight or fluorescent light sources. Photographs will retain their colour and brilliance much longer when displayed under better lighting conditions. We understand that photos may degrade over time and when exposed to sunlight and fluorescent light. We will not make a claim in relation to the quality of the photos due to environmental factors in which the photos are kept.
14. Should the nominated photographer not be available for any reason, Lauren Campbell will notify the Bride & Groom of the change as soon as it is known and provide another photographer with equivalent skills or provide a refund, whichever is the client’s choice.
15. Lauren Campbell shall carry out this assignment with due and professional diligence. Elements beyond Lauren Campbell’s control include faulty material, equipment failure, damaged and/or exposed film, loss of memory cards/photos/digital negatives in transit between Lauren Campbell and professional laboratories employed by Lauren Campbell, loss or damage to film, digital negatives and memory cards during processing by Lauren Campbell or professional laboratories employed by Lauren Campbell, industrial disputes, civil disturbances, or weather conditions which may inhibit or prevent Lauren Campbell completing in whole or in part this assignment. In this case Lauren Campbell shall not be liable for its complete performance of the assignment.
16. It is agreed that the liability of Lauren Campbell for any breach of this agreement shall be limited to be a refund of any money paid under this agreement, which shall be in full & final satisfaction of any damage or loss suffered.
17. A light meal is required for events up to four (4) hours for Lauren Campbell and any employees. For events of a duration longer than four (4) hours, a full course meal is required for Lauren Campbell and any employees. If no meal is provided, it is understood that Lauren Campbell and employees will leave the event to purchase a meal at a time that is convenient to them, at their discretion.
ALBUM / WEDDING BOOK DESIGN
18. Because of the labour intensive nature of wedding album / book design and the seasonality of weddings, album / book design may take as long as three (3) months to complete. We understand that a draft of the album layout may be sent to us prior to printing and at our requested. We also understand that the price of the album includes three (3) design changes.
19. (a) Travel accommodations will be booked by Lauren Campbell and added to the booking deposit invoice sent to the client. For Australian weddings outside of Canberra or Newcastle, 1-2 nights of hotel stay is necessary and for international events 3-4 nights will be necessary at a hotel within five (5) kilometres of the wedding reception location. Hotels must be comfortable and appropriate and are subject to the approval of Lauren Campbell, acting reasonably.
19. (b) If flight is necessary, Lauren Campbell will fly out of Canberra and into the destination wedding city, or nearest to the destination wedding city on economy class if available. For international destinations, any applicable work visas will be taken care of by Lauren Campbell prior to wedding date.
19. (c) In addition to the commissioned fee for purchased Wedding Packages, travel fees will be charged for weddings outside of Canberra. Travel and accommodation arrangements will be made upon booking and hotel and flight fees are due no later than two (2) weeks from the paid booking fee. All transportation must be arranged at the cost of the client and all transportation payments made to Lauren Campbell are non-refundable.
ACTS OF GOD
20. If Lauren Campbell, any second shooter, or assistants are exposed to conditions that cause fear for safety, Lauren Campbell reserves the right to immediately protect her and her employee's interest, including leaving the wedding and terminating agreement. These events include, but are not limited to war, terrorism, hurricane, or any other disasters that may keep Lauren Campbell and any employees or assistants from travelling. Lauren Campbell cannot be responsible for flight cancellations or travel delays and no refunds will be given for services in these events. In the event of a cancellation due to an act of God, the Client will be refunded travel fees if Lauren Campbell is able to obtain a refund from the cancellation of flights and hotel.
21. This Agreement constitutes the entire understanding between the Parties, and may not be modified, amended, or otherwise altered unless agreed in writing between the parties.
22. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid under the law, the validity of the whole shall not be affected. The remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect.
23. Each party must do all acts and execute all documents as necessary to give effect to this Agreement.
24. The Client must not assign or sub-license all or any of its rights in this Agreement without prior written consent of the Photographer.
25. This Agreement must be read and construed according to the laws of the Australian Capital Territory. The Parties submit to the jurisdiction of the Australian Capital Territory.